Display Energy Certificates | DEC
- DEC shows the actual efficiency of a Building using existing consumption figures and useable area of the building.
- Shows the operational rating of a Building in graph format and is accompanied by an Advisory Report.
- Display Energy Certificate legally required if all the following are true ;
- Public Building
- Frequently visited by members of the public
- Building size over 250m2
- Display Energy Certificate & Separate Advisory Report required.
- Must be displayed in a prominent place within the public building.
- Can only be produced by an Public Buildings Assessor (PBEA) who is registered with a Government approved accreditation scheme.
- Display Certificate renewed every 12 months and a new Advisory report every 7 years.
- Certificate and advisory report are placed on Landmark Register
Fines for non-compliance, imposed by Trading Standards. Requires a Building inspection by a qualified assessor, assessor uses energy consumption figures to determine rating.
Cost from £250* including Landmark Registry fees
For Questions and Answers go to our FAQs page.
* Excluding VAT